On any lazy Sunday when me and my husband get time to enjoy our cup of tea and yap, this snack gives us a perfect company. Its easy and ready in no time if you have some pizza dough readily available in your freezer. Its not very high in calories also so you can enjoy this anytime you wish. Its the same standard recipe which I use for my White Sandwich Bread,
1. Take out the pizza dough bag out of freezer and put it in fridge overnight to thaw. If using fresh get the recipe here.
2.Preheat the oven to 400 degrees (Know more about Oven temperatures and Conversion), line a baking sheet with parchment paper, I am using Oddy Uniwraps Parchment Paper because this paper doesn’t burn on baking and doesn’t let the food stick to the paper.
3.Place the ball of dough on a floured surface and roll it into a circle using your roller pin.
4. Cut the dough into 1/2 inch strips using a knife or pizza cutter.
5. Wrap a dough strip around your two fingers and snip the remaining dough. Turn this end inside to form a knot. You can even roll it into small balls for convenience.
6. Place them on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake it in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. In the meanwhile make the Vinaigrette .
4. In a small food processor, add the garlic cloves or garlic powder, oil and parsley.
5. Season with salt and pepper and blend until smooth to make vinaigrette.
6. Immediately as the knots are out of the oven put the knots to a large bowl and pour vinaigrette on top and toss together until they are well coated in the garlic oil.
7. Serve hot and enjoy the deliciousness of garlic parsley oil in these crisp pizza dough knots.
- 500 gms of Fresh or thawed Pizza Dough
- 5 Cloves of Garlic or 1 tbsp dry garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp of Fresh Parsley or 1 tbsp dry parsley
- ¼ Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Take out the pizza dough bag out of freezer and put it in fridge overnight to thaw.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminium foil.
- Place the ball of dough on a floured surface and roll them in small balls or knots, whatever shape you like and place them on the baking sheet. You can use dry flour to roll them into balls. Brush them with melted butter. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- In a small food processor, add the garlic cloves or garlic powder, oil and parsley, blend until smooth to make vinaigrette .
- As the knots are out of the oven immediately put the knots to a large bowl and pour vinaigrette on top, season with a little salt and pepper and toss together until they are well coated in the garlic oil.
- The leftover vinaigrette can be used to make garlic bread. Refrigerate the vinaigrette in the fridge to use later.