Summer brings in Nature’s bounty in the form of Mangoes, Plums, Cherries, Melons, Peaches and Lychees. I have been busy all summer making something or the other from all these fruits before they disappear for this season. I tried Melon Cucumber Smoothie with Mint and Plum Mango Smoothie for the first time and they were a big hit in my family. So when I had lychees at home and no one wanted to touch it I decided to do this lemonade.
It not only put the lychees to good healthy use but also made a refreshing drink appreciated by all. It takes no time to put this together. So if you have some guests coming home this summer treat them with this tasty refreshing surprise.
1. Peel the outer skin of lychees and discard the pits. You will be left with lychee flesh.
2. Add the lychee flesh in a blender and churn it to make a smooth puree.
4. Add sugar to your taste.
5. Add cold water and combine.
- 12-15 lychees
- 3 & 1/2 cups chilled water
- 2 medium sized lemons
- Sugar, to taste depends on the sweetness of lychees
- Peel the outer skin of lychees and discard the pits. You will be left with lychee flesh.
- Add the lychee flesh in a blender and churn it to make a smooth puree.
- Squeeze in lemon juice.
- Add sugar to your taste.
- Add cold water and combine.
- Serve immediately with a slice of lemon.