Some time back I had posted the recipe of Instant Raw mango Pickle South Indian style and stated how I had to use 10 kg of raw mangoes sent to me by my parents. In the pursuit of using them wisely I also made this khatti Metthi Aam ki Chutney. It was my first time to make this chutney. I always loved the way my mommy made this chutney. So I asked her the recipe and gave it a try.
This recipe is made differently in different parts of India and is also known by different names. Like in Gujarat a similar version is made and is known as Aam ka Chunda .
1. Wash and peel some raw mangoes.
4. Also add salt, red chili powder.
3. Also add roasted Cumin Powder and Garam Masala.
4. Combine everything thoroughly and cover it with a lid and let it sit overnight at room temperature.
6. Add musk melon seeds. They taste simply superb.
Other raw mango Recipes you can try: Instant Raw Mango Pickle South Indian Style.
- 1 kg peeled and grated mango (around 10 raw mangoes)
- 1 kg Sugar
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp roasted cumin powder
- 2-3 Green Cardamoms, Crushed
- 2 tbsp Musk Melon seeds, husked
- Wash and peel some raw mangoes.
- Grate them into strings.
- Place them in a bowl and add sugar.
- Also add salt, red chili powder.
- Also add roasted Cumin Powder and Garam Masala.
- Combine everything thoroughly and cover it with a lid and let it sit overnight at room temperature.
- After the waiting period put the mango mixture in a wok or kadhai on low heat and add add crushed cardamom. Stir it for fifteen minutes until it thickens and attains single string consistency.
- Add musk melon seeds. They taste simply superb.
- Let it cool down and transfer it to a glass container. Store in fridge, remains good for months.
- You can add more red chilli powder to make it more spicy and give bright red colour.