My Mother’s homemade Punjabi Choley Masala takes Punjabi Pindi Choley to a new level all together. It infuses the Choley or Garbanzo with Authentic Punjabi Flavour as well as gives it a dark enriching colour. I have inherited this recipe from Mommy and it never fails me. Simply dry roast the spices and to perfection. You can store this for a long time, a must for your kitchen cabinet.
3. Let the spices cool down a bit. Transfer them to a dry grinder or coffee grinder to grind it into a semi coarse powder.
Transfer it into an air tight container. Stays good for a very long time.
Use them to make your favourite Punjabi Pindi Choley.
- 1 Cup dried Pomegranate Seeds or Anardana
- 1/2 Cup Coriander Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Cloves
- 8 Black Cardamom
- 1/2 Cup Cumin
- 8 sticks Cinnamon
- 1 tsp or 1/4 of a Whole Nutmeg or Jaiphal
- 1/8 Whole Black Pepper
- Put Cumin, Pomegranate dry seeds or Anardana, Coriander Seeds, Cloves, Whole Black Pepper, Black Cardamom, Nutmeg or Jaiphal and Cinnamon or Dalchini in a flat bottom pan for dry roasting.
- Dry roast them on medium low flame for 5-8 minutes. Keep stiring so that the spices are not over roasted.
- Let the spices cool down a bit. Transfer them to a dry grinder or coffee grinder to grind it into a semi coarse powder.
- Transfer it into an air tight container. Stays good for a very long time.
- You can even add bay leaf for an interesting flavour.